Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Off to a great start!!

3-0 and we're at the top of the AFC West. Let's keep it that way. Here's some news from nfl.com:

While the offense sputtered Sunday, Jake Plummer and company did just enough thanks to a strong defensive effort in beating the winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16-13. Plummer threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Patrick Hape and Jason Elam kicked three field goals, the last of which snapped a 13-13 tie midway through the fourth quarter. The defense limited Tampa Bay to just one touchdown on a play in which former Bucs safety John Lynch failed to knock down receiver Michael Clayton, who was getting up off the ground. "It's a shame. Ultimately the responsibility lays on me. I've got to tackle him," said Lynch, who had an emotional return to Tampa Bay. "There's a new league emphasis. If they're laying down and you hit them, you're going to get 15 yards. I tried to do the right thing for the first time in my career and keep (the NFL) out of my pocket, and I get burned."

No comments: